Behind the lense
Welcome to Abbie Sizer Photography, that’s us, myself and my husband Lee, happily being on the other side of the camera for the day. We setup Abbie Sizer Photography in 2011 and have since strived to create a wedding day photography style that is natural and relaxed, making sure that each photo captures a real memory of your day and suits those, who like us, prefer to be behind the camera rather than in front of it.
Ten years in we have seen the business grow to more than we could have ever imagined and feel privileged to be asked by so many couples to photograph their special day.
Here’s us…two photographers with the best job ever!
• Autumn…Darker nights, crunchy leaves, rich colours and rain, I love it all.
• Woodlands and Forests…My happy place. What Inspiring and magical places they are. Have you seen that we’re now planting a tree for every wedding we book!
• Animals… I love all animals, especially dogs and raccoons and bears and pigs and rabbits and sloths (the list could go on)
• Chocolate… Yum yum
• Films… Especially the fictional type. I’m still waiting on my invite to Hogwarts?
• ‘Dad jokes’ the more awkwardly timed and terrible the better! I meet lots of Dads at weddings and they never let me down.
• I have an unhealthy obsession with small Portuguese custard pastries aka ‘naughty natas’ at Nandos or ‘Pasteis de Nata’. These little guys are incredible, go get yourself one!
• Buy me a cold, crisp, pint of lager and we’ll be friends for life! Maybe wait until I put my camera down, we don’t want blurry photographs.
Some stuff about us you may or may not want to know
We met 12ish’ years ago whilst studying degrees in photography at Sheffield Hallam University. Our first date was to the cinema to watch a 3D Disney film (daft 3D glasses included!) followed by a night out with friends in the classy establishment that is Walkabout. Fast forward a good few years and we have found ourselves a perfect little base, along with our 9 house plant babies in the North Yorkshire town of Harrogate.
Lee & I got engaged on my first ever skiing trip. I snow plowed my way through the full holiday and could barely walk at the end of it! A few days into the holiday we headed off piste and Lee found the most picturesque spot on the edge of a pine forest, got down on one knee (tricky to do in skis!) and popped the question.
We married a few years later in 2019 and had one hell of a party in a revamped old cow shed, besides Danby Castle ruins in the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
Alongside photographing weddings, we spend our time booking flights and lugging our camera bags to as many wild and adventurous places that we can find!
Making time for travel
Our favourite adventure to date has to be our trip to the Lofoten Islands just off the North coast of Norway. We were lucky enough to see the Northern Lights and Orcas in the wild! It sits officially inside the Arctic Circle and the farthest North we’ve ever been. We made sure to hike along the Northernmost beach, taste the local delicacies (which were extremely fishy) and live the traditional way of life. It was an incredible trip. We’re already planning our next trip there and would recommend to everyone who loves the outdoors to go whenever you can.
Do we photograph weddings worldwide? Damn right! Get in touch and tell us where you’re planning your destination wedding, we would love to come along for the adventure. Bonus points and a super special discount for you If you’re heading to the Lofoten Islands!